Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Ever Been To A Salt Cave?



A while back, I remember catching a glimpse of a report on the news (or some other show) about salt caves. Honestly, the only thing I remembered from it was that they looked cool! Then last fall, I came across a sponsored or suggested post in my Facebook newsfeed about the SaltWonder Himalayan Salt Cave.  The memory of salt covered walls and floors was triggered and I figured I would look into a bit further.  At this point in time, I was dealing with my chronic illness and trying to find natural remedies to help with my gamut of symptoms, and I was interested in checking this out to see if it would give any relief. For me, part of living a happy, positive life, is to take care of my body in natural ways and reduce the amount of chemical and pharmaceutical ways of treating ailments……and this looked right up my alley!!

Upon checking out the website, I learned how salt caves have been widely used in Europe for decades, but they are relatively new to North America. I also learned about how salt is considered a cleansing tool and that they use a Halogenerator to disperse dry saline aerosol into the air for you to breathe in and for it to come in contact with your skin surface. This excerpt from their website REALLY caught my attention as to the benefits of Halotherapy………”our SaltWonder provides sessions of “halotherapy” (salt therapy) that benefits one’s health, mental and psychic well-being, as well as beauty. This procedure creates a curative effect on numerous breathing conditions and symptoms such as chronic bronchitis, sinusitis, shortness of breath, chest tightness, coughs, wheezing, respiratory allergies, rhinitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, colds, influenza, smoke related cough (secondary smoke symptoms). The sessions of salt therapy significantly reduce stress, anxiety, regulate sleep patterns, enhance concentration capacity, bring feelings of freshness, relaxation and satisfaction. The simulated salt cave microclimate retards skin aging, smoothes out wrinkles, reduces inflammation and acne.” According to that, everyone could benefit from some time in the cave!!! I was sold…..I didn’t have any breathing issues, but I liked the idea of reducing stress, regulating sleep patterns, increasing concentration and the anti-aging!! At that point in time, there was only a large public room, which worked out fine, as my friend and I had it all to ourselves.  Have a look at the video below to give you an idea as to what the public room looks like.




After an hour in there, I felt soooooooooooo amazingly relaxed.  I couldn’t believe that I was actually able to sit still for that long, and actually I couldn’t believe that a whole hour had gone by. Some of you might be thinking……..how do I know that I was actually breathing in the salt air?  Well, I licked my arm afterwards, and I was definitely salty! So there was definitely lots of salt in the air! In the public room, there is a play area for kids, so this is a therapy for all ages.

Recently, I saw that the owner, Nuca Stoica, had built a private room where you lay on a heated bed of salt, so of course, I had to try that out. There is a lot of pain involved in my chronic illness, so the thought of laying on a heated bed of salt would definitely give me some increased relief, not to mention being a private room, you are able to expose more of your skin surface to the salt aerosol for even greater benefits. As you can see in my video
below……..this was such a relaxing experience!!




In expanding the benefits of going to the Salt Cave, Nuca has also invited people in to do some yoga, meditation and sound healing sessions within the cave. Keep an eye on the website for when those special events are available, On July 19th, a Nebulization room has now been opened for an even more concentrated therapy in only 20 minutes. Check out this most recent interview that Nuca did with Shaw TV about the salt cave.




If you or a loved one suffers from any sort of breathing issue, skin inflammatory issues, or are in need of some relaxation, with anti-aging properties thrown in, give Nuca a call and book an introductory appointment in the cave……..you won’t be disappointed!! Right now Nuca has some summer specials going on, so definitely take advantage of those.  You can find them on his website or his Facebook page at www.facebook.com/saltwonder

SPECIAL OFFER!!! Call Nuca and tell him that you read all
about his Salt Cave on my blog, and you will get a 45min session in the large public room for ONLY $19 (reg price $45)!!!

SaltWonder Himalayan Salt Cave
940 West 16th St.
North Vancouver, BC
604-971-5220
www.saltcavebc.com


No comments:

Post a Comment